Feminist organizing for human rights and climate justice
DIVA for Equality (DIVA) is a unique feminist collective of lesbian women, trans masculine and gender non-conforming people in Fiji with a mission to build just and sustainable feminist development alternatives and break unjust neocolonial, neoliberal, hetero-patriarchal systems.
DIVA’s main work-streams are:
- Human rights, sexual and reproductive health and rights and bodily autonomy
- Feminist approaches to justice linking social, economic, ecological and climate justice
- Strengthening local mobilization and organizing, and liberation movements,
- Urgent action on human rights, loss and damage
- An internally facing program focused on organizational leadership, training and development.
Under these cross-linked themes, they currently have programs on dignified employment for women and trans people, including in non traditional jobs such as construction to build homes for at-risk and marginalized families; a free school for political education and leadership development program; trainings for police officers through feminist circles; peer-based groups of young people; as well as agroecology, aquaponics, mutual aid networks, and more.
There are a thousand ways to support our work.
One of them is donating.