Feminist organizing for human rights and climate justice
DIVA for Equality (DIVA) is a unique feminist collective of lesbians, gender non-conforming women and trans masculine people in Fiji with a mission to build just and sustainable feminist development alternatives and break unjust neocolonial, neoliberal, hetero-patriarchal systems.
DIVA’s main work-streams are:
- Human rights, sexual and reproductive health and rights and bodily autonomy
- Feminist approaches to Justice linking Social, Economic, Ecological and Climate Justice
- Strengthening Local Mobilization and Organizing, and Liberation Movements,
- Urgent Action on Human Rights, Loss and Damage
- An internally facing program focused on organizational leadership, training and development.
Under these cross-linked themes, they currently have programs on dignified employment for women and trans people, including in non traditional jobs such in construction to build homes for at-risk and marginalized families; a free school for political education and leadership development program; trainings for police officers through feminist circles; peer-based groups of young people; as well as agroecology, aquaponics, mutual aid networks, and more.
There are a thousand ways to support our work.
One of them is donating.