How We Fundraise
We believe that fundraising methods must be flexible, culturally competent, and relationship-based. It is our privilege to engage with the public for raising resources to support Thousand Currents’ mission of leveraging relationships and resources worldwide in support of social movements building loving, equitable, and just futures, while transforming philanthropic and investment practices.
We know there are diverse motives that bring people to a cause or social movement. We want to respect the path taken by any Thousand Currents donor, or prospective donor, in committing to our organizational mission and to our partners in the Global South.
We invite our donors’ curiosity to learn, explore, and impact our global society through the sharing of their resources as part of the Thousand Currents community. Below are key tenets of our fundraising practices:
- We acknowledge a gift as more than a financial transaction. Every gift has a story that contains the personal impulse to do good.
- We aim to help donors identify a donation amount that is significant and meaningful to them.We want to receive every donor’s gift with the fullest gratitude and respect, regardless of its size, frequency, origin, or designation. Our database will accurately document our constituencies and their contributions to Thousand Currents. All donor information will be treated with equal consideration, sensitivity and privacy regardless of economic or social stature.
- We will teach, inspire, and motivate commitment to social justice by fundraising consistent with Thousand Currents’ vision and values.
- We will help families, individuals, foundations, and corporations create a tradition of giving by creating long-term gift opportunities, which matches our commitment to our partners in the Global South.
- We will recognize and memorialize all supporters that contributed time, talent, and resources toward Thousand Currents’ mission respectfully and appropriately, including keeping donor’s identities anonymous as and when requested.
- Thousand Currents will be vigilant and transparent in our fundraising reporting on behalf of the organization, the public, and our partners per Thousand Currents’ values, as well as per the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethics and Donor Bills of Rights.
We are always happy to talk more about our fundraising model. Please contact Rajiv Khanna, Director of Philanthropic Partnerships, for more information about giving to Thousand Currents.